VELJKO ZEJAK contact: email@example.com
Born 25.11.1980. in Postojna, Slovenia.
Works and lives in Ljubljana Slovenia and Belgrade, Serbia.
-2005. BA Faculty of Fine Arts, Sculpture department, University of Arts,Belgrade.
– 2006- 2008. MA , Faculty of Fine Arts, Sculpture department, class of professor Mrđan Bajic, University of Arts,Belgrade.
– 2008/2009. guest student at l’ Ecole de Beaux Arts Paris (ENSBA) in studio of prof. Richard Deacon.
-2006. became a free – lance artist and member of Association of Fine Artist of Serbia.
-exhibited on more than 50 group and solo exhibitions in Serbia, Germany, France, USA, Turkey, Austria, Sweden, Croatia, Greece, Slovenia and Montenegro.
– Residence in Cite Internationel des Arts Paris january – may 2010.
– Artist in residence Duesseldorf 2008.
– Student project Belgrade – Basel 2004, within that project visited Switzerland and faculty HGK Basel.
AUTHOR OF THE PROJECTS:
– author of the international sculptural project Hybrid object. From 2010. this project includes workshops and exhibitions in Slovenia, Belgrade,Paris and Berlin. www.hybridobject.wordpress.com/
-2011. Group Exhibition »Print and transition to the other medias«, Gallery SULUJ, Belgrade
-from 2011. works on the project Social structures and migrations South Africa – Europe. This project will include residences and exchange of artists between Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden and South Africa.
GRANTS AND AWARDS
– 2005. award Vladimir Petrić from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Belgrade
– 2008. two months grant Kulturraum Düsseldorf during residecy in Düsseldorf.
– 2008-2009 grant from French government for studies at Ecole des Beaux Arts de Paris.
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS:
2011. Belgrade, Gallery Dom Omladine, “Walk over the water”
2011, Jennersdorf( Austria), Gallery EXPOSITION, “Peace please”
2010. SPECIAL DELIVERY, Cite Internationel des Arts, Paris
2009. Lille, Mediatheque de Lomme, Festival “Lille 3000“
2009. Gallery Crous, Paris
2009. Final print, Gallery Zadužbina Ilije M. Kolarca, Belgrade
2008. Reflection, Contemporary Art Gallery in Smederevo
2008. Bathroom Web, Artist in residence, Duesseldorf
2008. “Temple”, gallery Remont, Belgrade
2007. “Sex machine”, Gallery Remont, Belgrade
2007. “Nucleus”, Gallery O3one, Belgrade
2006. “Relieves and graphics in clay” , Youth cultural center, Belgrade
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS:
2012. Istanbul, Gallery Piramid Sanat, “International Underground”
Stockholm, SUPERMARKET Art fair
2011. Paris, Galerie la Vitrine, “Hibrid object/Studio Romance”
Beograd, Gallery SULUJ, “Print and transition to the other medias”
Litija(Slovenia), Museum of Too Modern Art, “HYBRID OBJECT 2”
Ljubljana, Galerija Kapelica and Kiberpipa, Workshop of the Sense Stage sensors
2010. “HYBRID OBJECT”, Museum of Too Modern Art, Spodnji Hotic, Litija,
gallery SKC, French Cultural Center, Pavilion Cvijeta Zuzoric, Belgrade
2009. “CARREFOUR 2”, Centre culturel de Serbie, Paris
2008. “Salade“, Galerie Gauche(ENSBA), Paris
“Atelier de Anne Rochette“, Galerie Droite(ENSBA), Paris
2007. KURZFILME AUS BELGRAD, Kommunales Kino, Freiburg
“Niš art foundation“,Niš, Beograd, Novi Sad
2006. “Device art“, Zagreb,Beograd, San Francisco in organization of Blasthaus- San Francisco, Kapelica- Ljubljana, Kontejner–Zagreb, O3one-Belgrade
Athens Video Art Festival
“Exhibition of new members of AFAS”, Pavilion “Cvijeta Zuzoric“, Belgrade
“April’s meetings” , SKC, Belgrade
2005. “April’s meetings” , SKC, Belgrade
“Exhibition of awarded works” , Gallery of Faculty of Fine Arts, Belgrade